To Join or Renew:
|To Join for the first time and you are using a credit card||Click here|
|To Renew or to Check Your Membership status||Click here|
|Forgot your Username or Password?||Click here|
|Questions about Membership?||Click here|
Membership Categories and Dues for 2021
|Library Science Student||Free (for 2021)|
|Library Support Staff||$10/yr.|
|Life (one-time fee)||$500|
Benefits of Membership Include:
- Professional development activities including mentoring/coaching, interest circles, and the development of leadership skills
- Access to the latest information on issues related to Black library and information professionals worldwide, new resources, conferences, webinars, and job announcements
- Networking with others dedicated to the improvement of library services
- Discounts on BCALA/NCAAL conferences and other continuing education events
- Participation in forums on:
- the development, promotion, and improvement of library services and resources to the nation’s African American community; and
- the recruitment and professional development of African Americans working in libraries
The BCALA listserv is available to current members. New members will be added to the listserv but can be removed by emailing the webmaster at [email protected]. Contact the webmaster if you are a current member and you are not receiving postings from the listserv or if you have changed your email address.
Membership and Governance
Membership is open to all who support the goals and mission of BCALA to “serve as an advocate for the development, promotion, and improvement of library services and resources to the nation’s African American community; and provide leadership for the recruitment and professional development of African American librarians.” (See the mission statement and goals at https://www.bcala.org/about-bcala#mission) You do not need to be a member of ALA to join BCALA. BCALA is governed by an executive Board that is comprised of the president, vice/president/president elect, secretary, assistant secretary, treasurer, immediate past president, and elected members-at-large.
Participation – BCALA Committees
In addition to attending executive board and membership meetings, members are encouraged to participate in BCALA through committee work. The standing committees are listed at https://www.bcala.org/committees. Other ad hoc special committees and task forces are formed as needed by the President.
You can support BCALA by visiting our Support page. BCALA is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization and all donations are tax-deductible.
|Membership Questions||[email protected]|
|Concerns and/or suggestions||BCALA Executive Board Digital Box|
|Website Questions||[email protected]|
|Other inquiries or concerns||[email protected]|