DEMCO / ALA Black Caucus Award for Excellence in Librarianship
This is an annual award of $500 and an engraved bronze statuette made possible by a grant from DEMCO, Inc. of Madison, Wisconsin, and presented to the librarian who has made significant contributions to promoting the status of African Americans in the library profession. Specific contributions may include, but are not limited to, research and scholarship, recruitment, professional development, planning or implementation of programs, or advocacy (public relations). DEMCO also donates an additional $500.00 each year to assist in funding the E. J. Josey Scholarship Fund.
The following librarians were awarded the DEMCO/ALA Black Caucus Award for Excellence in Librarianship:
- 1994 Recipient: Dr. E. J. Josey, L.H.D.
- 1995 Recipient: Dr. Mohammed M. Aman, Ph.D.
- 1996 Recipient: Dr. John Tyson, D.A.
- 1997 Recipient: Mr. Samuel F. Morrison
- 1998 Recipient: Ms. Rebecca Bingham
- 1999 Recipient: Mr. Bobby Player
- 2000 Recipient: Ms. Satia Marshall Orange
- 2001 Recipient: Dr. Stanton Biddle, D.L.I.S.
- 2002 Recipient: Ms. JoAnn Mondowney
- 2003 Recipient: Ms. Sylvia Sprinkle-Hamlin
- 2004 Recipient: Ms. Kathleen Bethel
- 2005 Recipient: Ms. Gladys Smiley Bell
- 2006 Recipient: Ms. Carla Hayden, Ph.D.
- 2007 Recipient: Ms. Sibyl E. Moses, Ph.D.
- 2008 Recipient: Mr. John S. Page
- 2009 Recipient: Mr. Jerome Offord, Jr.
- 2010 Recipient: Ms. Irene Owens, Ph.D.
- 2011 Recipient: Ms. Pamela Goodes
- 2012 Recipient: Mr. Andrew Jackson
- 2013 Recipient: Ms. Roberta Webb
- 2014 Recipient: Ms. Emily Guss
- 2015 Recipient: Ms. Wanda Brown
- 2016 Recipient: Dr. Yvonne Chandler
- 2017 Recipient: Mr. Kelvin Watson
- 2018 Recipient: Ms. Fayrene Muhammad
- 2019 Recipient: Mr. Rudolph Clay